Meet Molly doll! This adorable doll pattern is perfect little friend for any small girl.
Molly doll is my first crochet doll pattern, I designed her with movable legs and removable legs. I have listed below everything you will need to make Molly.
In the pattern you will make her legs and arms first so that when you crochet the body you just put her limbs in place, this makes for a non-sewing pattern.
The head is attach afterwards but I do have a YouTube video on this if you struggle with sewing on heads.
Size of the crochet doll: If you use the recommended size hook and yarn weight the pattern provides, the doll will be around 30cm/11,81 inches. The Doll can be bigger or smaller, depending on yarn choice, hook, and tension. but that is the fun part about Amigurumi; no test swatches are needed.
This is intermediate pattern. Basic amigurumi crochet skills are needed. Magic ring, Single crochet, increase and decrease. But also other techniques, working rows and in oval shapes, puff stitch and Double crochet. We will be starting with the arms and legs, move on to the body and then the head, hair and clothes.
What you will need to crochet this Doll
I’m a brand ambassador for Elle Yarns, So for this project I used Elle Charity Pullskein Double knit
Double knit / 8ply/ light worsted weight yarn
- Colour A: 40g Amber (Skin colour)
- Colour B: 25g White (Socks/panty)
- Colour C: 10g Camel (Bottom of shoes)
- Colour D: 40g Watermelon (Dress/shoes)
- Colour E: 20g Citrus (Hair)
- Colour F: 15g Canary yellow (Bows/dress)
- Brown and white yarn for facial features
For the movable joints in the legs you will need one of the following materials:
- Toy joint washers (I ordered some on eBay, but you can get on Amazon or local craft shop)
- Extra pair of safety eyes to work as joints
- Four buttons and some strong embroidery thread/floss/fishing line or soft wire.
- Some craft clue to secure the knots for the buttons used as joints
3mm Hook for the doll and 4mm Hook for the dress.
- 14 mm safety eyes (optional)
- stitch marker
- tapestry needle (Long & short)